[mythtv-users] IR blaster problems

Ray Whiteman ray.whiteman at consultant.com
Mon Jun 23 13:41:09 UTC 2008

Ray Whiteman wrote:
> Tony Brummett wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 1:34 PM, John H <arizonamythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I just got this MCE remote:
>>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880121002&Tpk=80-121-002
>>> and I'm having problems getting the IR blaster to do anything, though
>>> irsend runs without complaining.
>>>
>>> Is the Blaster not sending a signal or is the problem that the Blaster
>>> isn't changing the channel for you? You can check the signal by using
>>> a digital camera.
>>>

>> Yeah, the blaster is not sending any signal at all.  Since the
>> receiver part is working, I guess the right driver is loaded.  That'd
>> make it either a hardware problem, or something to being up on the
>> lirc list *shrug*
>>
>> -- Tony
>>

> Just a suggestion, which port on the MCE receiver are you using? I
> recall that only one of the ports is coded to work properly, pretty sure
> it is port # 1. At least in the version of LIRC I have that is the way
> it is.

Just reread your post, and something else occurred to me.

Do you have your lircd.conf configured properly with the codes you want
to send? Essentially you should have two remote definitions, one for the
receiver and one for the blaster. You then use the correct blaster codes
by  passing the remote name to irsend. Hope I am helping and not stating
the obvious.

Feel free to post your lircd.conf and your channel change script if you
like, and I will compare to mine....