[mythtv-users] udev and DVB-T devices

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 19:22:23 UTC 2008

2008/6/22 Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au>:

> Ok, now I need to do this :)
>
> How can a force DVB-T device to a particulary adaptor number using udev?
> I'm ok doing it single devices, but DVB cards are a set of devices
> (demux0  dvr0  frontend0  net0) under /dev/dvb/adaptor<n>
>
> Promise to write up on the wiki :)
>
> --
> Lindsay
> http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blackpaw1/album<http://members.optusnet.com.au/%7Eblackpaw1/album>

I had a similar problem with my 3 freecom dvb-t usb devices. They changed
priority, even occasionally one would not load or pick up a signal (all on
the same feed and show the same signal strength on the same channel etc),.
and I experimented and tore my hair out for ages. The fix for me was to open
the cards on startup,  not on demand in myth-setup. I  never thought of it
for ages as the problem started when I changed to udev.

may not fix your problem but it's worth a go, and I've never seen anyone
else suggest it.

Gaz