[mythtv-users] cache for prerecorded content or way to push less data through

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 20:39:09 UTC 2008

On 23/06/2008, J <jsweepstakes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Right now, when I play my recorded content (yes even transcoded) it pushes
> through about 12 MBpS, I'm looking for a way to do any of the following:

Do you mean 12 Mbps (12 Megabits per second), or 12 MBps (12 Megabytes
per second)? The former is reasonable for HDTV, the latter would seem
ridiculously high, so I'm guessing you mean 12 Mbps.

mythfrontend employs a read-ahead buffer to offer some protection
against transient network congestion and allow fast skipping, but not
the sort of facility you ask for.

What is your network infrastructure - (wireless 54g?, wired 100Mbps?),
as either of these two examples should cope with a 12Mbps data stream
between two MythTV machines with no problems.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/