[mythtv-users] Comcast to drop analog cable

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Mon Jun 23 21:03:20 UTC 2008

or if you want speedy not cheap you could look at it like this:
your 1.5mbps dsl at $20/month is ~11 times slower then my cable
connection on a bad day. (16x slower on a good day)
looking at $/mbps type ratio dsl would be over $200/month
at that speed. With static IP I am $94/month.
not that I like comcast, would drop them like 3rd period
french if there was anything else here..
I could get ATT dsl but I need speedy more then cheap.

I did very much enjoy dropping comcast tv for directv and
an Hauppauge hd-pvr unit into my mythtv machine.
(old comcast box did all channels out firewire port
even encrypted and HD ones so needed something for
driectv to linux)

"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
--
Steve Heistand
steve at heistand.org