[mythtv-users] Sound card with coax output

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 01:45:09 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 6:31 PM, Mir Islam <mislam at mirislam.com> wrote:

> Anyone using a sound card with coax output to connect to external amp ?
> I am looking to add a sound card that can output dolby digital over coax
> (optical on my amp is already occupied) for my Myth setup. So far have
> not found anything suitable under 100$. Also output via coax would work
> fine in Myth right?

I am - it works fine. Actually I've had slightly better luck with coax -
I've had the occasional dropout with optical cables.

The card I'm using is a budget one - one of these:
http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/product/XH7847. If you're not
in NZ (or possible Australia) it won't be available, but you should be able
to find something similar.

Cheers,
Steve