[mythtv-users] Comcast to drop analog cable

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jun 24 02:13:28 UTC 2008

On Monday 23 June 2008 19:16:31 David Brodbeck wrote:
> Steve Heistand wrote:
> > or if you want speedy not cheap you could look at it like this:
> > your 1.5mbps dsl at $20/month is ~11 times slower then my cable
> > connection on a bad day. (16x slower on a good day)
>
> That's a good point.  I gave up on cable Internet, though; it kept
> dropping out on weekends, and since it wasn't during normal business
> hours I could never get Comcast to troubleshoot it properly.

I found that getting a "business account" from the local cable company is
worth the slight additional charge. I get 24/7 service, no port blocking and
no double-secret download limit.

At least here they seem to have a bad attitude towards "residential" data
customers but they realize business accounts are important to them and really
seem to try and keep them up.

beww