[mythtv-users] Mandriva 2008.1 Hauppauge MCE pvr-150 remote control assistance please.

Mark Adams mark9117 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 03:42:39 UTC 2008

Chuck Filson wrote:
> On June 23, 2008 01:58:01 am Mark Adams wrote:
>
>> Please forgive this if it's a dupe.  I'm having some trouble getting mail
>> up to the list.
>>
>> I have a Mythbox working pretty well under Mandriva 2008.1 (kernel
>> 2.6.24.5), but I'm stumped at getting the remote to work.  I'd like any
>> wisdom the group may have about this.  Also, based on my reading of this
>> list, I'm wondering about the option of simply purchasing another remote
>> and avoiding more pain.  At any rate, on to my problem:
>>
>> The remote is a USB infrared device. It looks like a black version of the
>> Xbox 360 remote control. It is identified here
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote#Installation_guides
>>
>> as the Phillips eHome version 2, model 1069. My hardware list in Mandriva
>> Control Center agrees that the receive plugged into the USB port is the
>> same:
>>
>> Identification
>> Vendor: ‎Topseed
>> Media class: ‎
>> Connection
>> Bus: ‎USB
>> Bus PCI #: ‎2
>> PCI device #: ‎2
>> Vendor ID: ‎0x1784
>> Device ID: ‎0x0001
>> Sub vendor ID: ‎0x0000
>> Sub device ID: ‎0x0000
>> Misc
>> Module: ‎lirc_mceusb2
>>

>> It appears to be loading up but neither the hardware list nor lsusb
>> actually identify the device. The hardware list puts it at the bottom under
>> "Unknown Others" and when expanded shows the device as "eHome Infrared
>> Transceiver".
>>
>> I've done a lot of Googling and tried a few different configs. At this
>> point lircd won't even start on the box. This might be because I have
>> things so munged up from trying to make it all work. At one point it was
>> starting then almost immediately dying without throwing an error. Nothing
>> is showing up in /var/log/lircd.
>>

>> Here is my /etc/lircd.conf:
>>
>> #
>> # From http://lircconfig.commandir.com/lircd.conf/?viewremote=139
>> # on 6/20/2008
>> # For Hauppauge IR remote model 1069 using module lirc_mceusb2
>> #
>>

>> begin remote
>> name mceusb2
>> bits 16
>> flags RC6|CONST_LENGTH
>> eps 30
>> aeps 100
>> header 2667 889
>> one 444 444
>> zero 444 444
>> gap 105000
>> toggle_bit 22
>> pre_data_bits 21
>> pre_data 0x37FF0
>>
>> begin codes
>>
>> # no e2,e3
>> Blue 0x00007ba1
>> Yellow 0x00007ba2
>> Green 0x00007ba3
>> Red 0x00007ba4
> [...]
What does your /etc/lircmd.conf file look like?

# cat lircmd.conf
#
# lircmd config file
#

PROTOCOL IMPS/2

# ACCELERATOR start max multiplier

ACCELERATOR 2 30 5

ACTIVATE * RESERVED

MOVE_N  * 2
MOVE_NE * 3
MOVE_E  * 6
MOVE_SE * 9
MOVE_S  * 8
MOVE_SW * 7
MOVE_W  * 4
MOVE_NW * 1
MOVE_IN * CH+
MOVE_OUT * CH-

BUTTON1_TOGGLE * 5
BUTTON1_TOGGLE * RADIO
BUTTON2_TOGGLE * VOL+
BUTTON3_TOGGLE * SOURCE

BUTTON1_CLICK * TV
BUTTON1_CLICK * VOL-
BUTTON3_CLICK * MUTE

# BUTTONx_CLICK, BUTTONx_UP, BUTTONx_DOWN are also possible

--
Mark E. Adams
http://adamslan.shyper.com

Random Musing:
"Linux poses a real challenge for those with a taste for late-night
hacking (and/or conversations with God)."
(By Matt Welsh)