[mythtv-users] Processor Minimum Specs

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jun 24 14:31:47 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 24 June 2008 07:18:59 John Williams wrote:
> I'm sorry to be asking this on the list since I'm sure it is somewhere, but
> the docs and other places I could find seemed very out of date. The wiki,
> was not very specific and I know these things change over time. I finally
> broke down and bought an HDTV. I have a Toshiba 42 42RV530U. It does 1080p
> and has 4 HDMI inputs. I'd now like to get a system that can record the HD
> I have and play back to the HDMI on the TV.
>
> Obviously I need a HD tuner. It seems like the HDHomerun is the prefered
> method around here.

Depends on what you want to record. The HDHR can only do OTA or unencrypted
QAM. If you want to record cable or satellite channels that are encrypted the
only potential solution at this time is the Hauppauge 1212. If you can get a
working firewire cable STB that will work, but again not with encrypted
channels.

beww