[mythtv-users] uPNP sources wrong IP address

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 24 18:30:42 UTC 2008

On 06/24/2008 02:25 PM, Blammo wrote:
> Trying to make uPNP work with a Vista desktop.. The MBE shows up as
> having videos to share, has all the right filenames, media descipt
> data, etc, but when I actually go to watch one, windows media player
> says it can't open the URL.
>
> Upon examining the URL its' being fed, it's the IP address of the
> Tuners box (SBE) not the MBE. I've looked at all the uPNP config I can
> find, and can't see what might be wrong.

That's correct, assuming that the show was recorded by the slave backend.

You sure you have appropriate CODEC's installed for WMP (i.e. you don't
get MPEG-2 for free).  If so, perhaps it's another case of MS deciding
you don't need to UPnP non-MS formats, like with the XBox 360 (which
supports AVI, WMV, and MPEG-4 part 2 (in MPEG-4 or Quicktime container)
or MPEG-4 part 10 (in MPEG-4 container)--the latter 2 added only after
enough 360 users complained).

Mike