[mythtv-users] CX18/HVR-1600: Difficulty loading firmware with IVTV

Scott Kidder kidder.scott at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 19:42:16 UTC 2008

Thanks for the tip, Brian.  I checked the priority of the 'mythbackend' init
script and saw that it's set to boot at K14.  This is probably a little
sooner than it ought to be:

[scott at eowyn rc3.d]$ pwd
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d
[scott at eowyn rc3.d]$ ll *myth*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 2008-06-21 08:30 K14mythbackend ->
../init.d/mythbackend

I'll try renaming the symlink to something like S95mythbackend so that it
starts later.  My wife has asked for another 24 hours without me tweaking
the Myth box, so I check it out after that time has passed ;)  Besides, it's
working smoothly for me in the meantime.

Regards,

--Scott Kidder