[mythtv-users] uPNP sources wrong IP address

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 21:41:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:
>  The Master Backend is the master information source and returns info on all
> recorded files including the URL to access them. If the file was recorded
> by a slave then the master will include the slave in the URL for the
> slave to feed it to you.
>
>> the files are stored on the MBE. Can I override that behavior? The SBE
>> has no horsepower, and is only a tuner box. Not where I want to stream
>
>  No, it's not optional without code changes, and takes basically 0 cpu. Its
> just serving a file and that takes no effort.

Via what method? HTTP? SMB?

At least in my case, the SBE is slim. no apache, no samba, etc.. init
3, and all non-important services stopped. 4 PCI based tuners,
CF-to-IDE adapter, and tiny proc. It NFSmounts directories from the
MBE, and stores everything there. It doesn't even do any
flagging/transcoding.  IPTables only allows inbound SSH, and only from
a local IP range.