[mythtv-users] trailer.pl in MythVideo (was Re: Apple Trailer Downloader)

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 22:05:09 UTC 2008

Still, according to what I've seen on the wiki[1], there isn't
anything that I would deem "screen scraping" happening. I believe
screen scraping refers to the practice of downloading the actual HTML
of [2] and parsing it for the desired content. The XML provides a
direct link for XML clients to do with as they wish. If Apple is going
interpret it differently, they should reconsider putting a link to the
files in the XML feed.

Now, altering the URL to retrieve a different version (e.g. the 720p
version) might be a different case. That is probably a little sketchy.

[1] -- http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Myth_Apple_Trailers
[2] -- http://www.apple.com/trailers/

--
James Sumners