[mythtv-users] mytharchive problem

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Wed Jun 25 12:07:13 UTC 2008

John Pierce wrote:
>> Can you play /music/tmp/work/1/stream.mv2 using mplayer or vlc?  It
>> won't have audio, but it might be helpful to know whether it is a valid
>> video file.
>
> Yes, I can play it with mplayer and it works just fine.  This is the
> output from mplayer:
>
> MPlayer dev-SVN-r27120-4.2.3 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
> CPU: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50 (Family: 15, Model:
> 72, Stepping: 2)
> CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
> Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE SSE2
> mplayer: could not connect to socket
> mplayer: No such file or directory
> Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.
>
> Playing stream.mv2.
> MPEG-ES file format detected.
> VIDEO:  MPEG2  720x480  (aspect 3)  29.970 fps  8400.0 kbps (1050.0 kbyte/s)
> Opening video decoder: [mpegpes] MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough
> VDec: vo config request - 720 x 480 (preferred colorspace: Mpeg PES)
> Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
> Opening video filter: [scale]
> The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
> Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
> e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
> VDecoder init failed :(
> Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
> Selected video codec: [ffmpeg2] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-2)
> Audio: no sound
> Starting playback...
> VDec: vo config request - 720 x 480 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
> VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
> Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
> VO: [xv] 720x480 => 854x480 Planar YV12
> New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
> Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
> subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.
> New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
> Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
> subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.
> V:  30.4 911/911 10%  0%  0.0% 0 0
> Exiting... (Quit)

You said you chose to use the PS video type when setting up mythtv, but
I see in your mplayer output that the file format MPEG-ES - not sure
what that type is, or if that is even a problem.

Have you tried to make a DVD from different programs you have recorded?
  Any success with those?  Maybe you just have a problem with this
single recording.