[mythtv-users] IR keyboards?

Alen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Wed Jun 25 15:39:55 UTC 2008

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Phil Bridges
> <gravityhammer at gmail.com <mailto:gravityhammer at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I've seen some people here that use IR keyboards for their remote (or
>     program a universal remote with their IR keyboard), relieveing
>     themselves of the need to use LIRC.  I thought I'd settled down on an
>     Adesso IR keyboard/receiver combo, but it appears that it doesn't play
>     well with learning remotes.
>
>     If you are using an IR keyboard, what model are you using?
>

> This one:
> http://www.pctekonline.com/skcomwirkeyw.html
>
> How-to:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Programming_Remotes_as_Keyboards
>
> Kevin

I just ordered this keyboard per your recommendation.   Be aware that
they charge $12 for shipping -- kind of high imo.  In any event, I am
planning on just pointing the thing at my MX-500 learning remote that I
use to control my system.  I like the idea of having a keyboard to do
web surfing as well as bypassing LIRC.

Any reason why that would not work?

Allen