[mythtv-users] Problem with MPGs

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 18:46:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 11:48 PM, Trey Thompson <treythompson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply david!  Would this be the case if the problem existed
> outside MythTV?  Windows Media Player and VLC both can't tell how long the
> file is, or where it's currently playing.

That's a tough one. It would seem to me the problem might lie
somewhere between the PVR-xxx and your hard drive then. Have you tried
completely shutting down the system for a few minutes to clear the
firmware on the PVR card then booting back up again?

You could also try recording to spare hard drive if you have one, or
maybe a good NFS mount.

If the files play the same way on another system, then it pretty much
has to be something with the file, not myth.