[mythtv-users] netflix streaming on myth like xbox360?

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Wed Jun 25 19:27:31 UTC 2008

Steve Heistand schreef op 25-6-2008 18:45:
> mythflix is just for editing your netflix queue is it not?
> the thing on lifehacker showed how to PLAY the instant
> streaming netflix movies.
> there are drm issues but since its claimed that the plugin
> needed on windows to stream to xbox also could save the movies
> in an unencrypted for there is hope that something could be
> hacked into linux/wine.
> however I dont think the motivation is there to get someone
> to do the hack :(
>

> "Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
> --
> Steve Heistand
> steve at heistand.org

My bad :S

I'm in Europe where, as far as I can tell, no proper on demand solution
is available for linux. Thought Netflix would be just that solution in
North America and that was what the mythflix-plugin provided.

If there's DRM involved there's probably no way it'll come to
open-source, even though in this case I'd love to be proven wrong.

Hmmm, it seems there's such a thing like glowria.fr and lovefilm.com,
but I don't like the hassle of receiving and returning DVDs. :S

Regards,

Jos