[mythtv-users] New and need help with how to do this setup stuff

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 23:20:59 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 4:04 PM, C E <list.spiritssight at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am new to this list and I am thinking about migrating over to linx,
> I don't have much knowlege in this stuff and I was wondering what is
> the best option for me to move over to linx from windows xp, I have a
> adaptic dual tv tuner (USB)  I want to do this with as little down
> time and pain :-)
>
> Any one that could help me and feed back would be greate  I have a Dell E1505

if you've never installed linux, you might look into ubuntu first. You
can run the LIveCD just to check it out. You can even install it on
your windows machine with windows to check it out (dont have to
reformat your drive, etc.)

After checking it out, you could install it (after you backup your
disk, or at least your important data like your thunderbird
directories). I would suggest installing linux first before you
install MythTV so you can get some experience with linux.

Another way to go is run Mythbuntu that is ubuntu tailored for mythtv.
There are plenty of guides on the web.
For instance:

www.mythtv.org
www.ubuntu.com