[mythtv-users] Apple Trailer Downloader

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 09:43:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 9:23 PM, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:

> but it would be maybe even much better if you could put the $trailer
> in DB for "filename" instead of $localTrailer, and let mplayer stream
> all *.mov files instead of downloading all before someone even knows
> whether s/he wants to watch it.
>
> mplayer or a shell script with mplayer command could cache trailers
> and save them for the further watching. but this is more complicated
> than your script and I even do not know whether "filename" can contain
> absolute paths. this would probably be a "misuse" of this field.

You could have the scraping script write the network address of the
file to the database and a custom playing script to the database. The
custom playing script would stream the file and write it to the hard
drive at the same time, and then remove the custom viewing script from
the database (so that subsequent plays use the "default"  player.