[mythtv-users] Jetway JNC62K

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jun 26 18:40:23 UTC 2008

On Thursday 26 June 2008 11:59:42 RoboJ1M wrote:

> I fully intend to buy one of these for my living room as a myth frontend
> and pair it with an AMD X2 4850.
> (FYI According to the manual you can use two of those audio jacks as S/PDIF
> in and out)
>
> Also, here is a positve review of it:
>
> http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2008/05/20/jetway-jnc62k-geforce-8200-mini
>-itx/1
>
> (I notice there is no fan on the chipset, just a large heat sink?)
>
> Anyway, I'll let you all now how it does later this year :)
>
> (that is unless Jetway's AMD 780g based mini-itx board comes out first)

Interesting. I'd feel better about it if the board was made by anyone but
Jetway, they are not noted for quality boards. They tend to use cheap
capacitors and have poor support.

I was not able to learn who the reviewer was or who he works for. Be careful
about glowing reviews on the net from unknown sources.

But the chipset does look promising.

beww