[mythtv-users] Fedora 8 kernel upgrade breaks mythbackend?

Andrew Leahy aleahy at knox.edu
Fri Jun 27 00:42:09 UTC 2008

Greetings,

I've been running a mythtv backend without issue on a Fedora 8 system
with atrpm mythtv rpms for quite some time . . . until earlier this
week.  TV shows now stop recording after about 300MB or so, and at
various times I'm seeing "Call Trace" messages in /var/log/messages like
the one attached.  Once these commence, mythfrontend will hang when I
attempt to playback a recording--until I reboot the system.  Skimming
through the mythbackend log, I'm not seeing anything obviously relevant
to explain this.

The onset of this problem seems to correspond to a kernel upgrade that I
did at the beginning of the week.  Prior to these problems, I was
running the stock 2.6.24.7-92 kernel.  The problems appear to have
started when I upgraded to the standard issue 2.6.25.6-27 kernel.

I'm in a bit of a bind because I was efficient and deleted all of the
older atrpm nvidia modules when I upgraded.  They've since been deleted
from the atrpm yum archive and so backing down to the 2.6.24 kernel
won't be easy.

Any ideas what is up here?

Thanks for your assistance.

Andrew Leahy