[mythtv-users] Flashplayer problems in www on myth [partial solution]

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Jun 27 02:24:11 UTC 2008

Please stop top-posing. I fixed it.

On Jun 26, 2008, at 7:18 PM, Alen Edwards wrote:

> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>
>> On 06/26/2008 07:31 PM, Alen Edwards wrote:
>>
>>> I still cannot get WebBrowserCommand = "/usr/bin/firefox' to do
>>> anything.
>>>
>> Looks like that's only supported by MythNews and MythFlix.  Any other
>> use of the browser would be MythBrowser.
>>
>> Mike

> Thanks Mike,
>
> That explains it.  So I guess I am done with that.  I watch "The
> Daily Show" outside of Myth.
>
> So now I switch problems.  Flash Player in Firefox outputs sound to
> the analog L+R outputs and my system is set up for spdif.
>
> Allen

I replaced my web browser menu item to EXEC /usr/bin/firefox so I
don't bother with MythBrowser at all. It still "feels" like MythTV
since I launch it from the myth menu and Myth comes back when I am
done with the browser. :)

You need to play with your alsa (or whatever sound system you're
using) settings to get the sound to work in Firefox. I never got mine
working in x86_64. I switched to i386 and it started working. I'm lazy.

-Brad