[mythtv-users] trying to locate the deinterlace option

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 27 13:09:25 UTC 2008

On 06/27/2008 05:02 AM, Alen Edwards wrote:
> Alastair Kerr wrote:
>
>> Where in the options setup menu in the frontend is  the deinterlace
>> option?  I am running the latest Mythbuntu.  In my old setup I (perhaps
>> mistakenly)  remembered that it was under Setup> TV > Playback.  Going
>> through each page  seems to reveal nothing.  I've looked at other setup
>> pages as well but I must just have a mental block for seeing the thing.
>>
>> Help much appreciated.
> It is under the modes menu.

Actually, playback profiles.  (I realize that's just a terminology
thing, but figured it helps if we're all using the same terms.  :)

>   I use CPU++ for example.  Under the modes,
> there are usually a list of dependent modes and each can be edited.
> When you edit them, you will find what you are looking for.

Though all of the example profiles have deinterlacing enabled, so you
don't really need to enable it.  Most likely you've just decided you
don't like the one in use or--quite possibly--you're being affected by
#5025 and LiveTV is the only thing having the problem (if you played a
previously-recorded program, all would work well).

Try changing your playback profile group from the default (CPU++) to Slim.

Mike