[mythtv-users] trying to locate the deinterlace option

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Fri Jun 27 14:18:16 UTC 2008

Alastair Kerr wrote:
> Hi
> I feel silly for asking this but I have spent far too long a time now
> tying to find this.
>
> When watching LiveTV / Recordings, switching to 'Progressive' clears up
> OSD  glitches. Now I am guessing I need to turn on deinterlacing to make
> this permanent (please correct me if I am wrong)

My understanding is that that switch would actually _disable_
deinterlacing; you're telling the playback to render the content as
though it were progressive input, and not deinterlace it.

You likely had a deinterlacer already enabled which was the cause of the
flickering OSD you were seeing. Try switching to a different deinterlacer.

- Marc