[mythtv-users] trying to locate the deinterlace option

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 27 14:35:54 UTC 2008

On 06/27/2008 10:18 AM, Marc Sherman wrote:
> Alastair Kerr wrote:
>
>> I feel silly for asking this but I have spent far too long a time now
>> tying to find this.
>>
>> When watching LiveTV / Recordings, switching to 'Progressive' clears up
>> OSD  glitches. Now I am guessing I need to turn on deinterlacing to make
>> this permanent (please correct me if I am wrong)
>>
> My understanding is that that switch would actually _disable_
> deinterlacing; you're telling the playback to render the content as
> though it were progressive input, and not deinterlace it.
>
> You likely had a deinterlacer already enabled which was the cause of the
> flickering OSD you were seeing. Try switching to a different deinterlacer.

Which is exactly what will happen when changing the playback profile
group to Slim.

IMHO, Slim should be the default playback profile group because CPU++
only works on some systems and requires more (non-Myth/system)
configuration to work properly.  And, since Slim is basically the exact
same thing as the 0.20.x and below non-XvMC/non-PVR-350 video playback,
it's probably what most people were using, anyway...

Mike