[mythtv-users] ISO playback still broken in 0.21-fixes?

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 15:40:40 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Robert Macaulay
<robert.macaulay at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 12:12 AM, scram69 <scram69 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:27 AM, scram69 <scram69 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 0.1.10-xine from http://xine.sf.net
>> libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
>> libdvdread: Can't stat /dev/dvd
>> No such file or directory
>> libdvdnav: vm: faild to open/read the DVD
>
> Do you have a library that facilitates the playback of encrypted CSS
> content? You might be missing it. Just looking at the line above the error
> about /dev/dvd.

Because I was able to play these ISO files with pre-packaged binaries
of 0.20-fixes and 0.20.2 without having to separately install that
library, I had assumed that it was bundled with the OSX app by the
packager script.

I know how to find and install it on my Ubuntu box, but I haven't the
foggiest idea how to install it on OSX, let alone figure out how to
tell MythFrontend where it is...