[mythtv-users] Fedora 8 kernel upgrade breaks mythbackend?

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 23:35:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27/06/2008, Andrew Leahy <aleahy at knox.edu> wrote:
>>
>>  Greetings,
>>
>>  I've been running a mythtv backend without issue on a Fedora 8 system with
>> atrpm mythtv rpms for quite some time . . . until earlier this week.  TV
>> shows now stop recording after about 300MB or so, and at various times I'm
>
> Looking at the trace, it seems this is with a bttv-based capture card?
> Do you have any other non-bttv capture cards in the machine? It would
> be interesting to see whether this is a module specific regression.

My money's on it being a bttv card.  I noticed this incompatibility
when I upgraded one of my systems to Fedora 9 (where 2.6.25 kernel is
standard), and saw it repeated on a Fedora 8 system after the kernel
was updated.

Fortunately, I'd done the 8-9 upgrade before the Fedora 8 system got
its new kernel, so I knew to NOT delete the old kernel.

I'll keep checking each time a new kernel is released, but I'm not
holding my breath waiting for the problem to be fixed.

Calvin Dodge