[mythtv-users] MythArchive error need some assistance...

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Sat Jun 28 01:24:04 UTC 2008

A JM wrote:
> I have a single DVD drive in this box it is on the first IDE channel and
> I don't know which cable end is considered a or b. I asume its on b
> since that is what is in the fstab.

I would also assume that its "b" since thats the devices you have in /dev

> Shouldn't this have created the mount for the DVD? *
>
> "/dev/hdb1        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec 0       0"*
 >
> Why doesn't it show up when I use 'mount'?

"mount" only shows mounted filesystems.  If either the drive is empty,
or there is a blank disk in the drive, "mount" doesn't know about it.

In your position, I would execute:

# ln -s /dev/dvd1 /dev/dvd

and see if that solves your problem.  It should create a symlink from
/dev/dvd to the /dev/dvd1 link (which points at your /dev/hdb device).

If so, you might want to look into how to create a udev rule for this so
that this link gets created every time you reboot your system.

*OR* you need to look into where /dev/dvd is defined and change it to
/dev/dvd1

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com