[mythtv-users] TVOverScan not working?

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Sat Jun 28 15:49:05 UTC 2008

> A quick cookbook on making the slider stick would be nice although the help
> file looks pretty simple.  Easy for me to say, I haven't started doing it
> yet.

The nvidia-settings are not loaded automatically when you restart your x
server. To get them to load automatically you just need add "nvidia-settings
-l" somewhere during your x start up. I put it in ~/.xinitrc.

It sounds like you are running Mythbuntu or Ubuntu. The hardware drivers
dialogue will load the proprietary nvidia drivers from the Ubuntu
repositories. If you have installed the nvidia drivers some other way, like
with Envy or straight from Nvidia then the hardware drivers dialogue will
show that they aren't being used, because you aren't using the default
proprietary drivers from the Ubuntu repositories. So even if that dialogue
says they aren't enabled, you may still have the drivers installed from some
other source.