No subject

Sat Jun 21 03:26:05 UTC 2008

HD-PVR and the recordings made by it from the very earliest days, anything
less than that is going to have trouble at the maximum capture bitrate.
 This has been the experience across the board of those of us working with
the HD-PVR in linux.  John or Janne may be able to add their voices to this
discussion, but as we've all being experiencing the same, and have seen the
same in dealing with most of the HD-PVR users in linux thus fair, I think
it's fair to trust our experience.  It's tough to let go of the notion that
resolution and bitrate are the primary factors in playback ease, as this has
been generally true for a long time.  The HD-PVR, however, is a great
illustrator of the fact that with modern codecs, encoding options have just
as much, if not far more bearing on playability.

Robert

------=_Part_2526_33512649.1218644473394

"border-collapse: collapse; "><div>From experience, and speaking as someone=
 who has been working with the HD-PVR and the recordings made by it from th=
e very earliest days, anything less than that is going to have trouble at t=
he maximum capture bitrate. &nbsp;This has been the experience across the b=
oard of those of us working with the HD-PVR in linux. &nbsp;John or Janne m=
ay be able to add their voices to this discussion, but as we&#39;ve all bei=
ng experiencing the same, and have seen the same in dealing with most of th=
e HD-PVR users in linux thus fair, I think it&#39;s fair to trust our exper=
ience. &nbsp;It&#39;s tough to let go of the notion that resolution and bit=
rate are the primary factors in playback ease, as this has been generally t=
rue for a long time. &nbsp;The HD-PVR, however, is a great illustrator of t=
he fact that with modern codecs, encoding options have just as much, if not=
 far more bearing on playability.</div>

------=_Part_2526_33512649.1218644473394--