No subject

Sat Jun 21 03:26:05 UTC 2008

require a modchip, but softmodding is dependant on your version of xbox as
well as finding a copy of a game that is compatible (IIRC softmodding
requires exploiting some save-game code in certain games).

However, in the end, I ditched Xebian and used XBMC. It's great as a
frontend as well as being able to play videos off of your network.

But, if we're offering non-MythFrontend suggestions and you don't already
own the xbox you're going to mod, I'd suggest the MediaMVP (information
easily found via google or searching this list).   The MediaMVP is a small
form-factor and costs about $80 (including a nice remote).  It takes a
little bit of setup, but once it's done, it's a very capable SD frontend.

The best part (for me) is that once you set up 1 MediaMVP, you can add
additional units with nearly no configuration.  They all run off of the same
OS image, so when you want to update the frontend, just update 1 file and
reboot the MVPs. They'll all load with the updated software.

--PhillW

------=_Part_25215_25632614.1223052712953

------=_Part_25215_25632614.1223052712953--