[mythtv-users] why you use myth...like myth, or hate Microsoft

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Sat Mar 1 20:15:17 UTC 2008

This is somewhat of a poll question. I'm just curious to see what peoples'
answers are.

I have seen so much hatred among linux users against microsoft (and rarely
against Apple, who to me seems worse). Some of the complaints I understand
and sometimes agree with, but sometimes it seems that linux people have real
hatred towards Microsoft...like really really bad hatred.

So i'm wondering...why did you start to use myth...

1. was it because you heard about myth, so you learned to use linux so you
could run myth,
2. was it because you like linux so you then went and used myth,
3. or was it because you don't like microsoft, so that's why you're in
linux, and hence, why you chose myth?

I'm a 1-er myself. I like that myth gives me the customization I like and
that I can add frontends to it which microsoft mce doesn't let you do as far
as i know. So i've learned quite a bit about linux during this myth
process...still a work in progress.

-Thanks
-Steve