[mythtv-users] why you use myth...like myth, or hate Microsoft

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 21:47:45 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Dan Ritter <dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 12:15:17PM -0800, Steve Peters - Priority
> Electronics wrote:
> > So i'm wondering...why did you start to use myth...
> >
> > 1. was it because you heard about myth, so you learned to use linux so
> you
> > could run myth,
> > 2. was it because you like linux so you then went and used myth,
> > 3. or was it because you don't like microsoft, so that's why you're in
> > linux, and hence, why you chose myth?
> >
> > I'm a 1-er myself. I like that myth gives me the customization I like
> and
> > that I can add frontends to it which microsoft mce doesn't let you do as
> far
> > as i know. So i've learned quite a bit about linux during this myth
> > process...still a work in progress.

More of a #1 for me.  I picked linux because its stable.  ie not reboots.  I
dont want to have to worry about a virus on my mythtv server!  Or, you have
received a security update you must reboot in 10 mins and if you dont click
ignore i will reboot on my own!  NOOO im recording something..ooh well im
rebooting anyway.

Mitchell