[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD PVR (A bit more info for those starved for it)

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Sun Mar 2 06:08:04 UTC 2008

David Brodbeck wrote:
> Eric Martin wrote:
>> John Drescher wrote:
>>> Its a lot better than how Outlook works. When I use that at work the
>>> software makes it difficult to bottom post and so every one top
>>> posts and I get people confused when I bottom post...
>>>
>> There's a place for each.  I support a primarily windows network
>> during the day, and of course we use exchange / outlook.  Everybody
>> top posts because that's what everybody knows.
>
> I don't really understand what people mean when they say Outlook
> makes it hard to bottom post.  I never had any problems positioning
> the cursor at the bottom and they typing, which is what I've had to
> do in every email client I've used.

I use outlook and bottom post as well.  I agree it's a pain though because
if you aren't like me, the header that outlook puts in, as well as the reply
method (no markers about who has written before), sucks.

I use "Quotefix" with my outlook to correctly format the emails I send to
various mailing lists, such as this one.  It's a brilliant little program
that acts more like a macro than a program.  I just need to use plain text
email (which I prefer) and when I want to reply to an email I press ctrl+R
to activate the quotefix program.  It correctly wraps the text, inserts
reply markers, and fixes the header.  It's the bomb...really.

Brian