[mythtv-users] New Frontend, Any gotchas with Compact Flash storage

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 10:19:23 UTC 2008

Hey All,

Just won a new Aopen mini PC on eBay but will need to add a harddrive
and RAM.  The box supports IDE HDDs, but I was thinking of going the
silent solution and getting a IDE - CF adaptor and a CF card since
this will be a FE only machine (or if I do add as a BE it will record
to the master BE over an NFS mount).

Is there anything I should know about CF cards?  Are there any type
that I should get which is quicker than the other.  Will a CF card be
much quicker or the same as an IDE HDD for boot up?

Regards,
Whytey