[mythtv-users] Encoding to h264 to save space

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 19:09:11 UTC 2008

I switched to mencoder and 2 pass encoding and this seems to yield the best
quality so far.  Seeking now only results in a fraction of a second video
distortion and this to me is negligible.  However I noticed green artifacts
on the left side of the screen which seem to be random.  If I play the file
with mplayer or ffplay, there are  no green artifacts.  I googled this issue
and it seems that earlier versions of xine and totem had the same problem.
My current mplayer version is the latest version in atrpms
mplayer-1.0-63_rc2.RHL5.i386.rpm compiled against
x264-snapshot-20080225-2245.  Is this an issue with myth compiled against
an older library?  Must I recompile myth against newer libraries? Any ideas
would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris