[mythtv-users] New Frontend, Any gotchas with Compact Flash storage

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 00:28:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Ray Lischner <linux at tempest-sw.com> wrote:

>  I decided to use a conventional SATA disk drive for my FE. It's cheap,
>  easy, and completely silent because the system doesn't touch the disk
>  once it's up and running. I don't see the disk LED light during normal
>  playback activities.

Yeah, I am leaning towards this now.  I completely forgot about the
write limitation and I am sceptical of everything going smooth with
the IDE adaptor and the like.  I can get a cheap 80GB IDE Western
Digital HDD for ~$80AUD, which is fine with me.  I doubt myth will
touch the disk after boot up anyways if I put 1GB (or more) of RAM in
it seeing how this is a FE only (at this stage).

Thanks for all the pointers though guys, I am glad I asked here first.

Cheers,
Whytey