[mythtv-users] why you use myth...like myth, or hate Microsoft

Francesco Peeters francesco at fampeeters.com
Sat Mar 1 20:31:59 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 12:15 -0800, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics
wrote:
> This is somewhat of a poll question. I'm just curious to see what
> peoples' answers are.
>
> I have seen so much hatred among linux users against microsoft (and
> rarely against Apple, who to me seems worse). Some of the complaints I
> understand and sometimes agree with, but sometimes it seems that linux
> people have real hatred towards Microsoft...like really really bad
> hatred.
>
> So i'm wondering...why did you start to use myth...
>
> 1. was it because you heard about myth, so you learned to use linux so
> you could run myth,
> 2. was it because you like linux so you then went and used myth,
> 3. or was it because you don't like microsoft, so that's why you're in
> linux, and hence, why you chose myth?
>
> I'm a 1-er myself. I like that myth gives me the customization I like
> and that I can add frontends to it which microsoft mce doesn't let you
> do as far as i know. So i've learned quite a bit about linux during
> this myth process...still a work in progress.

I am a type 4: I used Linux, heard about Myth and used it, totally
independent of what OS it runs on... That it runs on Linux is a bonus to
me, but Solaris, AIX, BSD or MacOS/X would've been fine as well...

--
Francesco Peeters
No sigs today, my files have gone away!