[mythtv-users] 0.21-179-trunk vs. 0.20.2

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Mar 4 04:04:17 UTC 2008

On Mar 3, 2008, at 7:43 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:

> Are there any down sides to running 0.21-179-trunk vs. 0.20.2? I'd
> like to know if there are any watch outs or anything. Specific
> hardware that works worse? Etc... Is it worth upgrading at this point
> or should I just wait for the official release?

The hardest part about running pre-release software is keeping up with
changes on the -dev and -commit lists. Considering the number of
changes on there recently (pushing bugs from 0.21 to 0.22) I would say
you're better off waiting for release. Generally when a slew of bugs
are pushed off to the future, the next release is happening awfully
soon.

-Brad