[mythtv-users] distorted sound (bump)

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Mar 4 17:46:14 UTC 2008

On Mar 3, 2008, at 9:10 PM, matt lutz wrote:
> The problem itself is basically a horrible distortion in sound for
> anything other than AC3/DTS passthrough.  It's worked for about 6
> months before I tried ripping some DVDs last week, and ever since
> then, I've had the problem.

Well, on an analog device my first suggestion would be to open the
mixer and play with the various sliders and buttons to see if they
made a difference.  But I suppose a digital audio output probably
doesn't have mixer levels to adjust?  I don't know, I don't really
have any experience with digital outputs.