[mythtv-users] new video2ipod script released!

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Mar 4 18:32:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Mar 4, 2008, at 9:21 AM, Doug Meredith wrote:
>
>  >> I'd love to take a look at it, but the domain isn't responding.
>  >
>  > It works for me.
>
>  It's good for me now, too. I'm going to take a look tonight. The
>  description looks great! The only thing I would need to add is a way
>  to automatically build a postcast feed based on the files in a
>  directory. Does anyone know of something like that or should I hack
>  together a combination of this script and the old myth2ipod script I
>  was using before? (I don't see podcast capability listed on the page
>  with this script.)

Nope, it doesn't do anything with podcasts at the moment, it just
spits out individual files.

I was going for a different approach then myth2ipod. The myth2ipod
script just puts all your recordings into a single podcast and you're
stuck syncing the whole thing or nothing. This video2ipod script
actually names and tags the files with all the information so you can
add them to your iTunes library or to the iPod individually.

I can see a feature that lets you add recordings to a podcast in the
future. I would want it to let you make multiple feeds, though, either
by recording group, or show name, or something, though. Gets a little
more complex.

 - Jeff