[mythtv-users] new video2ipod script released!

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Tue Mar 4 19:17:51 UTC 2008

> That tds.php script and feedcreator.class.php look like they will work
> quite well with the video2ipod output as is, but it could be extended
> to work better.

Go to town - the PSP doesn't have the concept of podcast tags - videos are
segregated in the PSP's interface by which RSS feed URL they're downloaded
from.  In my case, I just created a handful of feeds with hard coded
filters (such as the tds.php example) so as to minimize any potential
security hazards.

I also created a "catch all" rss feed which picks up all MP4 files in the
directory so I could manually download videos to the PSP.

Line 49 is the one that decides if a file shows up in the feed or not -
should be a simple matter to modify that to decide on something other than
a string comparison.

Greg