[mythtv-users] Videos not playing in full screen

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Mar 4 21:06:05 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Jose Rubio
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 11:38 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Videos not playing in full screen

It may be an X issue or a change in the settings.  But, I doubt it just
happened all by itself.  You need to track down what changes occurred that
caused this.

Did you update your system?  That's the only way that X could have changed.
Of course, it could also be your TV, but I doubt it.

-jose-

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics <steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:

Hello, i have a 55" hdtv that is a 4:3 (aka non widescreen) that has been
working great for me for the past 5 or so years. I've had mythtv on it for
the past year or so.

All of a sudden, yesterday i go home, turn on my mythtv and watch some live
tv (and recordings and videos), and the video is no longer full screen. The
menus are all fullscreen, and they look and work normal. The day before
yesterday, the playback was full screen.

Now it has a black border only to the left and right sides, about 2-3 inches
on either side. This is while watching 4:3 stuff, as i don't have HD on it.
It looks like the image is being squished a little bit.

What do i do? It seems like an X issue to me, but how do i fix this?

-Thanks
-Steve

Jose Rubio
www.TriangleResidential.com
O: 919-846-3208
C: 919-818-2342
jose at TriangleResidential.com

So, not knowing what changes may have happened, how do i find out? Where do
i start to look?

Also, it seems like x is fine cause the mythtv menus fill the screen, it's
just the playback that is not filling the screen. I tried overscanning by
all the way up to 10% (from the mythtv setting), and it didn't change at
all.

Any ideas?
-Thanks
-Steve