[mythtv-users] new video2ipod script released!

Jonathan Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Wed Mar 5 00:09:29 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Brad DerManouelian
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 3:48 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] new video2ipod script released!

On Mar 4, 2008, at 12:28 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> Thanks, Greg. I was able to successfully create an RSS feed with this
> change. Unfortunately, iTunes claims it's not a valid Podcast feed. I
> guess maybe it's looking for some specific tag(s) or something. I'll
> try to figure that part out or wait for someone more knowledgeable
> about podcasts to jump in with a solution.

Ok, so it appears that iTunes doesn't like the fact that the feed
created has a blank line before the xml declaration. Lame. Also, I
*think* it's complaining about the .php extension. Lame again. Also,
the file names aren't URL-encoded so the feed that is created points
to invalid URL's unless I pre-process the video file names, but then
my feed displays with URL-encoded names for all my videos. Lame thrice.

So I'm still in the market for a script that will see a bunch of
videos in a directory, pull out the metadata from the video (I'll want
my file names to be CHANID_STARTTIME.mp4 so they are URL-friendly and
I want to build the xml from the embedded metadata) and build an
iTunes-friendly video podcast. I'll work on something this weekend if
no one has any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Brad