[mythtv-users] Verizon FIOS, DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Lite card and MythTV Channel Scanning

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Mar 5 03:22:17 UTC 2008

On Mar 4, 2008, at 7:56 PM, Bob wrote:

> Have you tried using mythtv-setup to scan the channels for you?  It
> may
> not get the "channel numbers" right, but you can at least find the
> channels and adjust the channel numbers later.

Also:

A cable system is standard, HRC or IRC, and I think the "high"
selections skip the lower frequency channels, which are often used for
analog, data etc. "High" may scan higher channels than the "non-High"
choice, I'm not sure about that.

So if you can discover what frequency standard your system uses you
can get the choices reduced considerably. IRC is rarely used, and
standard is more common than HRC.

(Harmonically Related Carriers, and Incrementally Related Carriers,
for the acronym curious)

beww