[mythtv-users] Backend hard lock-up

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Mar 5 21:07:00 UTC 2008

Just for the sense of closure, my issues resolved themselves.  A number
of factors collided to cause the system to lock up, and none of which
were with regard to mythtv.

For what it is worth, I think one event was caused by the fact that my
HDHomeRun's power supply croaked (after only 6 months of service),
causing the HDHomeRun to flip on and off very frequently.  The other
event was caused by a pile up of requests to NFS mount a filesystem (or
three) from my NFS server, which happened to not be running rpc.mountd
for some unusual reason.

SiliconDust has been great at handling the failure.  They are sending me
out a new power adapter.  I just hope the power adapter didn't take out
the HDHomeRun.

-Rich