[mythtv-users] Black Bars in Mythtv

Andreas linuxdreas at launchnet.com
Thu Mar 6 01:37:15 UTC 2008

Am Mittwoch, 05. März 2008 16:25:39 schrieb Dwight Hubbard:
> I have a user job that crops the black bars and removes the junk from
> the top/bottom of the frame.
>
> My wife was really annoyed by the junk on the top/bottom of her Doctor
> Phil programs after I switch to recording using an HD Tuner...

There is a crop filter available in mythtv, and I believe you can
automatically apply it only to certain channels with mythtvsetup's channel
editor. This is how it should be invoked:
Pass options as crop=top:left:bottom:right as number of 16 pixel blocks.

You can find the commented source code in  mythtv/filters/crop.

I just tried it myself, and it seems to work pretty well.

--
Gruß
Andreas