[mythtv-users] guide errors

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Thu Mar 6 16:45:41 UTC 2008

[Steve, please trim your quotes]

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:
> OK, sorry, didn't realize I left out that important info. Basically, I'm
> only seeing series name and no descriptions for the the particular episodes.
> It just gives a generic description. Now the weird thing is that next week
> (can't remember which day), there is a simpsons episode set to record, the
> description is generic, then and hour later, there is another simpsons set
> to record, but this one has the description...very strange.

For shows in syndication, many stations don't bother telling the
listings provider which episode they'll be running. With shows like the
Simpsons, that are shown on any given day on six different stations,
some stations will provide episode details, while others wont, so you'll
end up with a mix.

- Marc