[mythtv-users] provide device identification string over HDMI ?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Mar 6 20:30:37 UTC 2008

Its very small tweak, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to do
this (I've got a nvidia 7100 / 630i). My TV doesn't allow you to name
each input, but if the device transmits an identification string, it
will display that instead of the generic input name. For example, a
toshiba HD-DVD player identifies itself to the TV as "HD DVD HD-A35"
and that gets displayed on the screen instead of "INPUT 5".

--
Ron