[mythtv-users] USB DVB-S for UK use

Dave Marples dmarples at iee.org
Thu Mar 6 22:56:32 UTC 2008

> I think the Linuxtv guys are the definitive source on supported
> cards for Linux
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-S_USB_Devices
>
> Kevin

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at that page but (a) it is out of
date (it claims the Pinnacle 400 and 450 as unsupported, for example),
(b) it doesn't give me any information about the boxes on eBay that i
referenced in my original post and (c) it doesn't cover MythTV
specifically.

The definitive source for info is the current sourcecode, which shows
the Nova-SE to be supported along with a fair amount of other stuff of
uncertain provenance, which is why I'm looking for practical
experience....both good and bad.

Regards

Dave