[mythtv-users] which harddisk for storing media ?

Bert Van Kets mythtv-users at vankets.com
Fri Mar 7 15:17:15 UTC 2008

Brian Wood wrote:
> Apparently nobody explained that most
> PSUs are very inefficient at fractional loads.
>
> beww

But they are even more inefficient at maximum load. The power
consumption goes up due to the generated heat and on top of that the
vents run faster which provides a lot of noise and even more power
consumption.
I generally go with 200W more than the needed power. So a 500W PSU is
replaced with a 700W one. I try to run at about 75%.